These are the key stages in determining the right heating power for your pool.
- Calculate the volume of water in your pool: measure the length, width and depth of your pool. Multiply these dimensions together to find the total volume in cubic metres.
- Select the type of heating: decide whether you want to use a heat pump or a heat exchanger.
- Consider the desired temperature: decide what temperature you want your pool to be heated to. This may vary depending on your personnal preference and the climate conditions in your area.
- Determine the required power: use the following calculation to estimate the required power.
Power = Volume of water x Temperature differences x Conversion factor. The conversion factor depends on the type of heating selected.
- Consider other factors: other elements must be taken into account, such as the outdoor temperature, humidity levels, exposure to the wind, etc.